My favourite “healthy” treat is homemade zucchini bread. It’s sort of a hybrid between a muffin and a cake; it’s soft and spongy, but also moist with just the right amount of sugar. Zucchini bread is packed full of this delicious summer vegetable, and this recipe has a reduced sugar and oil content so that you don’t have to feel guilty snacking on it! I love to eat it for dessert, as well as for a snack!One thing that I occasionally add into my zucchini bread is chocolate chips. This time I used a combination of semi-sweet chocolate chips and dark chocolate cut up into chunks. However, I love the taste of the zucchini bread without the chocolate as well. It’s totally optional whether or not you choose to add chocolate, and I guarantee that it’s delicious either way!
Once the zucchini bread is baked, after you’ve let it cool for a bit, you can either cut it into chunks or slices and serve it. I like to cut out large pieces first and remove them from the pan before making smaller slices on a cutting board or plate. If you’ve greased your pan, the bread should slide out easily without falling apart.
Take a look at my recipe for zucchini bread below. For a printer-friendly version, feel free to download a copy of the Zucchini Bread Recipe here.
Zucchini Bread Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or chunks (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg into a bowl to combine.
- Beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl until fluffy. Add in the oil, sugar, and vanilla and beat.
- Add the zucchini to the liquid mixture and beat until well mixed.
- Add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and mix until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips or chunks (optional).
- Pour mixture into a greased 13 x 9” pan. Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
The stylish plate that my zucchini bread is displayed on was supplied to me by Restaurantware. The company makes eco-friendly dining products that can be disposed after you use them. I think this 9-inch square plate is great for serving and presentation, as well as eating off of at a dinner party.
For a step-by-step video tutorial of my zucchini bread recipe, check out my YouTube video below. Don’t forget to leave me a comment, rate my video, and subscribe to my channel!
♥ ShnugglebunnyTags: baking, cake, chocolate, chocolate chips, healthy, healthy recipe, recipe, shnugglebunny, summer, summer recipe, sweet, vegetable, zucchini, zucchini bread